Location: Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Be part of an established team leading the way in design and drafting for the future of Eastern Minnesota through the use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD. The engineering team of Interstate Engineering is looking to expand to include a design-savvy individual with the ability to work independently while completing the project as part of the overall team. This is an opportunity to work with a wide variety of infrastructure and utility projects throughout the region while expanding technical skills and experience in a strong regionally based firm.
Having an understanding of the design and drafting for highways, county roads, streets, municipal projects, utilities, and site plans for commercial and residential development projects will be highly beneficial as that is the focus of our company. Our clients, who have come to expect reliability and professionalism, also know we are reliable and willing to go the extra mile when the need arises. As an employee-owned organization, we take pride in the work we accomplish.
- Accurately create and modify Microstation and/or AutoCAD drawings for a variety of projects. The foundation for these drawings may be generated from various data including digitizing, computations, or from survey information.
- Prepare base maps utilizing point files imported from field survey data.
- Draft construction plans consisting of project details, plan and profile sheets, site layouts, utility grades, street design, and cross-sections.
- Complete computations for earthwork volumes and project quantities.
- Assist with presentation graphics and report figures.
- Assist with digital filing of work products.
- Assist other departments with completion of drawings including base maps, record surveys, ALTA surveys, plats, maps, that may include contours and digital terrain models. This may include fieldwork.
- Secondary tasks include construction observation and assistance in fieldwork tasks.
- Experience in Microstation, inRoads and/or AutoCADD Civil 3D.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in written documentation of construction activities.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.