Civil Engineering Technician
Location: Horace, North Dakota
Interstate Engineering, an established Midwest firm is seeking a detail-oriented individual with strong communication skills to fill an available Civil Technician position in Horace, North Dakota.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will play a key role in providing quality assurance on a wide variety of projects in the region during the construction season. You will also have the opportunity to be a key member in providing support to project managers and other design professionals producing quality construction plans. Duties would include construction inspection and record keeping, materials testing, CADD drafting, and some surveying.
Additionally, the following is preferred:
- Experience using Microstation/Geopak or similar software
- NDDOT certifications
- Knowledge of construction methods and fundamentals
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient in written documentation of construction activities.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk on rugged terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Some travel required
- Some overtime required
- Some overnight or long-term lodging required