Professional Civil Engineer
Interstate Engineering, a regional civil engineering firm, is seeking an experienced professional engineer with a collaborative work style and strong drive to expand the Jamestown, North Dakota team.
As a leader for a multidisciplinary team, this role places you in a position to be involved in the process from concept through completion, meeting the varied needs of our clients throughout the Jamestown area. Our clients, who have come to expect reliability and professionalism, also know we are relatable and willing to go the extra mile when the need arises. As an employee-owned organization, we take pride in the work we accomplish.
As a Civil Engineer, you will play a key role in the design of municipal, county, and roadway projects; lead a multi-disciplinary team using your technical and management skills; utilize your technical expertise by being hands-on during the design process; direct your team by providing technical direction and expertise; use project management skills for organizing, planning, and directing work activities and budgets; foster and build a client base through interpersonal relationships; contribute to business development opportunities including preparing proposals and leading client meetings; and construction management.
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Site development
- Knowledge of state and federal codes and regulatory agency requirements
- Design and rehabilitation of water distribution systems
- Design and rehabilitation of sewage collection systems
- Preparation of Preliminary Engineering Reports for water and wastewater facilities
- Experience with municipal, county, and DOT facilities
- Understanding of municipal, county, and state governments
- Understanding of department of transportation design and construction process
- Interest in transportation, hydraulics, and municipal engineering
- Commercial site development plans
- Stormwater collection and stormwater detention/retention/reuse systems
- Basic surveying
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in South Dakota or ability to obtain within one year
- Technical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with project management, proposal development, and marketing
- The capability of supervising, mentoring, and evaluating staff
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere is vital
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to use civil engineering software such as AutoCAD or Microstations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk rugged terrain
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Some travel required
- Some overtime required
- Some overnight or long-term lodging required