Professional Land Surveyor
Location: Horace, North Dakota
Interstate Engineering, an established Midwest firm is seeking an ambitious, self-starter to fill an available Professional Land Surveyor position in Eastern North Dakota.
- Managing a diverse staff of other PLS, party chiefs, survey technicians, and field assistants in multiple offices in Eastern North Dakota.
- Tasks required but not limited to: Construction staking, Cadastral, boundary location, ALTA, and topography.
- Ability to operate as a one-person team and manage field assistants, as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients.
- Competent with Trimble, GPS, and Total Station.
- Complete and maintain accurate data files and field notes.
- Must have experience in supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of others.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks that require solutions, skill, and speed beyond typical and conventional methods.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and co-workers.
- Familiar with TGO
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in written documentation of construction activities.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with GIS.
- Experience with AutoCAD or other similar drafting software.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk on rugged terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Some travel required
- Some overtime required
- Some overnight or long-term lodging required
Job Category: Land Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Horace ND