Survey Party Chief
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Interstate Engineering, an established Great Plains firm, is seeking an ambitious, self-starter to fill an available Survey Party Chief position in our Fergus Falls, Minnesota, office.
- Managing land surveying projects within several industries.
- Able to analyses deeds, certificates of survey, and subdivision plats
- Familiar with GLO field notes and plats
- Understanding of construction staking, cadastral, boundary location, ALTA, and topography.
- Ability to operate as a one-person team and manage field assistants, as necessary.
- Organize field staking materials as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients.
- Competent with Survey Equipment, GPS, and Total Station.
- Complete and maintain accurate data files and field notes.
- Must have experience in supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of others.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks that require solutions, skill, and speed beyond typical and conventional methods.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and co-workers.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere are vital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble equipment and software is desired but not required.
- Associates degree in Land Surveying or equivalent years of experience
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in written documentation.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk on rugged terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Some travel required
- Some overtime required
- Some overnight or long-term lodging required
Job Category: Survey Party Chief Surveyor
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fergus Falls, MN
Job Sub Category: Survey Party Chief