Survey Party Chief
Interstate Engineering, an established Midwest firm is seeking an ambitious, self-starter to fill an available Survey Party Crew Chief position in our Sidney, Montana, or Williston, North Dakota, office.
- Managing land surveying projects within several industries.
- Tasks required but not limited to construction staking, Cadastral, boundary location, ALTA, and topography.
- Ability to operate as a one-person team and manage field assistant, as necessary.
- Organize field staking materials as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients.
- Competent with Trimble, GPS, and Total Station.
- Complete and maintain accurate data files and field notes.
- Must have experience in supervising, coordinating, and reviewing the work of others.
- Must be able to perform complex tasks that require solutions, skill, and speed beyond typical and conventional methods.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and co-workers.
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere are vital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain.
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD Civil 3D is desired but not required.
- Familiar with TGO
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in written documentation of construction activities.
- Willingness to travel and work outside.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with GIS.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- RLS registration
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk on rugged terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel required
- Some overtime required
- Some overnight or long-term lodging required