Cody Galloway, from our Spearfish team, successfully completed the process and examination to become an ASFPM Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM®). As a CFM, Cody has shown a proven level of expertise in floodplain mapping, requirements and standards of the National Flood Insurance Program and at the state level, and how to make floodplain management work at a community level.
The ASFPM grants this certification only to those professionals who meet the requirements to reduce flood losses in the nation. More information about the ASFPM CFM program can be accessed on www.floods.org under Certification.
The goals of the ASFPM CFM program are to:
- Formalize a procedure to recognize and provide an incentive for individuals to improve their knowledge of floodplain management concepts
- Enhance individual professional development goals
- Promote an understanding of relevant subject matter that is consistent nationwide
- Convey new concepts and practices
- Build partnerships among organizations and agencies that share the goal of advancing sound floodplain management